Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 6 #15 Library 2.0

To me Rick's piece about icebergs is a bit much. For one I don't believe that our circulation has decreased in fact with all of the construction on our side of town I believe it has grown. Even though all of this supposedly easy to use technology and at your fingertips stuff is great I still think people enjoy driving to a library and picking up a good book. If there is still a need for bookstores, that are usually packed with people when I have gone, I believe that their is still a need for libraries. I do not believe that every household has access to computers. Michael's segment on librarianship is some what ok in planning or forseeing the need to keep up with those who chose to use the online services but again I do not believe that 100% of the public is at that level at this time. Maybe somewhere in the future more people would want to find the services readily available to them but I believe it is a bit premature to believe that everyone will prefer this to actually going to a library. Maybe I'm just not tuned in to all this affair with the web but these are my thoughts at this time.

No comments: